Divorce is a sticky subject. It’s an always present and controversial topic. There are many reasons why the divorce rate has increased over the past forty years. Such as before 1970, divorce was relatively uncommon and difficult to get. Fault was usually required-one of the spouses must have committed a crime or sin that justified the divorce. Changes in the law explain part of why divorce was on the rise, but it does not tell the whole story. While the law was changing, society was also changing. Women became a strong presence in the workforce. They no longer depended on their husbands to support them. This independence allowed them to leave an unhappy marriage and still provide for themselves. So today I will share with you five reasons why people get divorce.
- Getting in for the wrong reasons: Today a lot of people get married for a multitude of reasons other than Love. This has become problematic when it comes to marriages.
- Money: It’s not usually the lack of finances that causes the divorce, but the lack of compatibility in the financial arena. Many times one person is making a substantial amount
- Communication: This may seem like a simple key in all successful relationships not just marriages but this is usually a main problem. With lack of commutation causes trust issues, being unsatisfied and attitude problems.
- Inability to resolve conflicts: Every couple has disagreements. The key is to develop ground rules so that each partner feels respected and heard. In most divorces this is not the case many conflicts are not resolve because couples choose not to commutate and rectify this situation.
- Intimacy: In a lot of marriages there is a subtle change in the intimacy department. One person has an off day, there is a misunderstanding or someone doesn’t feel well. Then there’s the idea that he isn’t as romantic or she isn’t as sexual as they were in the past. This is a major problem that occurs in a lot of marriages and causes many divorces.
Copyright ©2015 Jay Colby All Rights Reserved.