In today’s fast paced money motivated society it seems there is an influx of people wanting to either start a business or maybe just supplement their income. Unfortunately in a lot of cases it’s hard to know where to start from or what is good idea for a potential business. Well thanks to social media, crowdfunding and alternative lending options, and the constant evolution of technology. This may very well be the year to start a business or become an entrepreneur. Here’s a list of 7 business ideas to inspire your entrepreneurial spirit in 2016.
- Social Media Consultant: if you have some time and a computer, becoming a social media consultant may be just right for you. The other prerequisites needed include being comfortable online and using social media platforms and a love for talking to people. To get started building your portfolio, work with a few nonprofits in your area or offer your services at a discounted rate to local business owners.
- CLEANING SERVICE: There are many directions you can take this business. If you want to work during hours when no one else does, you can focus on office clients. You can focus on retail businesses and keep your customers clumped into one or two blocks. Restaurants are in great need of daily thorough cleaning and can be a great source of steady clients. Perhaps you would be more interested in house cleaning.
- Event Planning: One of the first things you need to know about this business is visit every potential event location with which you plan to work. Work with the marketing manager and tour each site and learn what is available at each location. Start a database that will allow you to sort venues by varying features–the number of people each site holds, if there is AV equipment available on site, will you need to arrange for rental chairs, etc.
- Social Media Marketing: Build up a following on your social media account and you could quickly be approached by major brands, gear companies, and other relevant businesses that sell products or services related to the type of content you share on varied social media platforms. If you have hundreds of thousands of followers, you can easily charge anywhere between $500 to $5,000 per post or more.
- Affiliate Marketing:If you already have a website that’s driving in targeted traffic, a great way to make passive income from the content you’re already creating, is through affiliate marketing,careers thanks to a combination of blog subscribers, affiliate marketing, sponsorship’s, and other revenue streams.
- Contracting: This is a great option for skilled workers who are ready to take the leap from being an employee to owning their own company.
- Blogging: If you enjoy writing, find a topic you’re passionate about and start a website dedicated to covering that topic and anything else interesting you want to talk about. All you need is a computer, some time, and some energy to consistently write. It can start as a hobby and turn into a business over time
Copyright ©2016 Jay Colby All Rights Reserved.