Everyone always says, “Follow your dreams!” But most people don’t follow this advice, because life happens, bills pile up, and sometimes we have to do jobs we don’t want to do just to make it to the next month. The most difficult element of this is to find the motivation to try, despite the fact that dream chasing is a very hard thing to do. This dilemma faces a lot of people in today’s economy. Most people would love to follow their dreams but for whatever reason won’t make that next step to do so. I can personally relate to this conundrum there have been various times in my life I have sometimes doubted my dreams and wondered are they really worth going after. Then I realized that you only have one life to live and I didn’t want to wake up at 80 years old saying what I could have done. Unfortunately, if you do decide to follow your dreams people around you, even the ones who deeply care for you, may discourage or give you awful advice. This prompted me to share a number of reasons why you should follow your dreams.
- Your dreams have no limits; you are the creator of your dreams, big or small. When this is understood, you are able to design a way to accomplish your end goal.
- You’ll regret it later in life, and if you’re delaying it, you’ll question yourself why didn’t you do it sooner.
- People who follow their dreams have more power to create, influence, and change their environment.
- Personal growth happens when you stretch yourself. If you don’t follow your dreams you’re not stretching.
- When you are motivated and excited about pursuing your dreams, you’ll attract other people who have the same values and interests. The more you surround yourself with high achievers, the further you’ll go. Then, it will be easier to connect with people who are like-minded who will help you to continue achieving your goal.
- When you step forward to pursue your dream, you will face challenges you never could have anticipated. You will allow nothing to stop you. You will shock yourself at your ability to plow through any situation.
- In life, if you ever try to do something different from the ordinary routine or even dared to talk about your dreams then you will find yourself surrounded by people who might discourage you or try to suppress your thoughts. Never let that happen never give up on your goals or dreams.
I hope after reading these tips you are inspired to go after your dreams. Now after reading this post, what are your plans? If you really want to change something you can start by making a promise to yourself that you will try to jump out of your comfort zone and start doing the things that you know deep down in your heart you always wanted to do. I’m not suggesting that you should quit your job or go make a huge financial investment but start taking steps towards your dreams. Comment below If you plan on making a change in your life or if you are already pursing your dream or goal.
Copyright ©2016 Jay Colby All Rights Reserved.