For centuries, there has been an ongoing debate on the difference between love and lust. Often times many critics of love at first sight deem this concept to be lust not love. According to its definition love is an intense feeling of affection and care towards another person.
For most people who have experienced love it is a profound and caring attraction that can last a life time. On the other hand, lust is a strong desire of a sexual nature. Which usually leads to making rash decisions that often lead to sex.
In today’s society, many people tend to be a bit confused on the difference between love and lust. Countless number of people wonder can you be in a relationship where love and lust coexist? Can lust be a good thing? Is love at first sight really just lust at first?
These questions often lead to confusion, situationships and many could-be relationships fall to the waste side. Here are some key signs you are in lust or in love.
Signs of Lust
• You’re totally focused on a person’s looks and could care less about their personality.
• You’re interested in having sex, but not in having conversations.
• You’d rather keep the relationship on a fantasy level, not discuss real feelings.
• You want to leave soon after sex rather than cuddling or breakfast the next morning.
• You would keep communication to a minimum unless it revolves around sex.
• You only want to hang out with them after 12 AM.
Signs of Love
- You want to spend meaningful time together outside of sex.
- You get lost in conversations and forget about the hours passing.
- You want to honestly listen to each other’s feelings, make each other happy.
- He or she motivates you to be a better person.
- You want to get to meet his or her family and friends.
- You actually care about the person needs both physically and mentally.
What are your thoughts do you know the difference between love & lust? Have you ever experienced true love?
For more articles on dating, love & relationships click here!
Copyright ©2017 Jay Colby All Rights Reserved.