5 Reasons Why You’re Still Single

In today’s culture it seems like on Instagram,Twitter and Facebook everybody wants a relationship. Every time I check one of my social media sites it’s always someone either  bashing  relationships or constantly seeking to be in one. So in light of this epidemic I’ll share five reason why you’re still single.

1. Your  standards are to high:  You want someone to have everything you want and more but you don’t have any of the things you are requesting. Regardless of standards there are no perfect people ladies and gentleman.
  2. Presentation:  We all know  presentation is everything so how you present yourself to world is how people will see you. A lot of times people present themselves in a negative light and wonder why they don’t attract the person they really want.
  3. You’re going after the wrong person:  This happens all too often. A lot of the time people have a fantastic of  what they think of a potential partner-good looking, great personality and successful.
  4. You’re hung up on an ex: Whether you are still seeing this person or still dreaming about them. This person is getting in the way and leaving you with nothing but an empty bed. Sometimes the thoughts of an ex will keep you from investing in another person.
  5. Your stuck in aSituationship”: This is a new term that is used to describe an issue that is very common for a lot of people. This may be the case because perhaps the person is very physically attractive or mentally stimulating. Also your probably have developed deep feelings for this person and are willing to not be in a committed relationship.

This entry was posted in Culture, Love, Relationship, Single and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to 5 Reasons Why You’re Still Single

1. Hi Jay. You commented on my blog asking me to come look around here, so I did! I’ve seen a lot of great ideas and posts! Great reads. As a professional writer, I do suggest that if you want more readers on your blog, try editing your posts (or at least proofreading them) before you post! The typos/grammatical errors can be hard to ignore. Wishing all the best ❤

2. Jessiehern says:

Reblogged this on "Life is a Highway" and commented:
    To all my readers: you should really check out this article. Everyone in college seems to be constantly seeking out new relationships and/or complaining about being single. At some point you have a moment of reflection and consider why you’re still single. This article nicely simplifies the top 5 reasons. Definitely check it out, maybe you’ll learn something!

3. Crystal says:

A lot of people are so focused on being in relationships for the sole purpose of making snapchat videos with their “Bae.” Most of the time they’re in “situationships.” It’s hard to find someone who truly values being in a real relationship that isn’t on social media.

4. Seb Dani says:

I like your blog too.
    This is a great post!

As far as presentation goes, I think some people present a fake version of themselves, then when people see who they really are after a time they are put off, regardless of whether that person is good or not. What we see is not always what we ultimately get. Which is why I’m so glad I’ve been married for 21 years!

That is so true I know most of the books, articles and aficionados say that when you first meet someone you meet their “representative” and it usually takes maybe six months to meet the real person. But even in that time we all know that the person can change. Thanks for reading!

6. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being single. A lot of people choose to live single. 🙂 why the pressure to couple up?

7. piratepatty says:

I just have no desire to be in a relationship.

8. That’s right you better lay out the important stuff!!! Funny part about that is you’ve only scratched the surface of it all!!! Great post.

• Liz says:

That’s true, he has only scratched the surface. As a follower of my blog Jay, I am single on none of what you list as you have not put down because of an abusive past it puts you off another and that also another example, because I choose to be single.

9. Only1V says:

You are speaking truth!!! Keep teaching the people 🙂

10. This is a solid post! Here’s another reason, fear. Many people (myself included) make excuses like education and work. We want a relationship but we don’t want our commitment to cause us to do poorly in other areas of life

Great insight Jay ! Thanks for sharing!

12. Love it! You will never end up with the right person if you are solely looking for a relationship, not a partner.

13. jessicanexus says:

I would agree with all this, and I would add that a lot of people haven’t become who they want to be yet! Even if you do snag someone, it won’t work out until you’ve got yourself settled.

14. Pingback: Reasons You’re Single | That Wilder Girl

15. Jim Noonan says:

Very reasonable advice as far as I can see. Thanks!

Just on #5 it’s “You’re”

16. Addy D'Marko says:

I love this post, thanks for sharing awesome content all the time.

17. I loved all the points but especially number 3! I think we live in a generation heavily influenced by superficial things and as a result, we miss out on connecting with the right people. Great post! x

18. Pingback: If you are still single then you need to check it! – Guild Of Knights

19. iamsuzan says:

Agreed!

20. mssly23 says:

I like all 5 and in some of them I see myself…Keep writing I enjoy reading your blog

21. myyalia says:

this is on point!!

22. drewkiercey says:

Well, sir.
    Curve ball. Your single because the attraction to someone else when compared to your self is weak. In other words, no one is interesting enough to disturb your inner space so as to make you want to be in a relationship.

— Blessings

23. this is brilliant- so true ❤

24. 2MASX says:

Great post. Things I can polish up on lol. Thanks for sharing

25. geminilvr says:

Great post Jay. #3 and 4 caught my eye. If a person needs fixing they are not ready and if you’re still hoping to get your ex back it’s unfair to start a relationship with someone new.

26. roguemillennials says:

This is great advice for everyone complaining about singleness! Reminds them there might be an issue at home to take care of, the world isn’t conspiring against you. Many young folk are content with staying single longer and that has a lot of positives as well (https://roguemillennials.org/2017/02/25/singleness-a-millennial-voice/) – but if they are griping about it, your advice is exactly what they need to hear!

27. or you just never fell in love with that special person.

28. ren says:

However, I am single by choice.
    I choose to be with me.
    I am quite proud of my relationship with me.
    Not many people are comfortable being with themselves.
    I mean, if you are not comfortable with yourself,
    how can you expect others to be comfortable with you?
    😀