5 Things Successful People Do

We all desire to be successful whether these are goals for business, home, family, or self-improvement or acquiring name and fame. Successful people are typically too busy innovating to write down much of anything. And on those rare occasions when they attempt to create a book, it’s filled with what they did, and not what led to their idea in the first place. While there are many things that seem to differentiate those who are successful from those who aren’t, I’ve noticed some simple things that successful people do here are five things that successful people are more willing to do:

1. They Focus on Their Goals Daily

Successful people are always focused on success. For instance, the first I do every morning is written down my goals—I’ve been doing this for years. It’s my experience that if I can stay focused on what I want, I will get it no matter how absurd the goal. Make the things you want and haven’t yet accomplished so real in your mind that they become real in your world.

1. They Are Willing to Fail:

The old saying, “no risk, no reward” really applies to those who are successful. These people go for it almost with a willingness to fail. Of course, they aren’t interested in failing, but they know that if they don’t put themselves in a position to fail, they’ll never create the ability to win. At some point in life, you’ll have to go for it or you’ll live the rest of your life regretting not doing so.

1. Don’t Set Out to Be Rich:

The best entrepreneurs don’t have making a fortune as their goal, as they start off. If you don’t understand what the market wants, you are making your life far harder than it has to be. So instead of seeking riches, the best entrepreneurs decide that they are going to follow their dreams or passion that the byproduct is monetary gain.

1. They Visualize Success:

Whatever the short or long term goal may be, highly successful people always visualize their success even before achieving it. They keep reminding themselves what exactly they need to achieve. A quote that I like to live by is “Thoughts become reality” simply put speaking your goals and dreams into existence.

1. They Never Make Excuses:

Regardless of how many excuses that can be made, successful people know that it will not change the outcome. Even justified excuses will not make a project or person successful. When things go wrong, the successful person sees it as an opportunity, not an insurmountable hurdle. Most unsuccessful people spend a lot of energy and time making excuses that hinder their success.

This entry was posted in Business, Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to 5 Things Successful People Do

1. Soul Inspirations says:

Totally agree with you, good post ❤

2. Very perceptive and well written. Thanks for sharing!

3. Great post. You know what else they do? They work hard. Everyday.

4. Ruby Gee says:

Yes! Staying focused and trying it all over again, definitely perseverance and your own passion too!! Thanks for the post!!

5. Hi Jay, I read some of your posts. You’ve got a very inspiritional content in each of them. Thanks for sharing and glad to connect with you.

All the best! 🙂

6. Very simple yet made me chill! Enjoyed reading.

You’re right about the vision. Have you ever created a vision board?

8. Jacque' says:

The wife and I really love this blog and appreciate the creativity and inspiration you provide. If you decide to take this blog to the next level by offering a Mobile App version my company Zenlight could provide service for an extremely low price, we appreciate the hard work you have put into this blog and wish you all future success in business and in life.

Thank you for your time, it is the most precious thing we all possess.
    -Jacque’

9. Every day in business is a grind, make sure you grind your self into pieces that can be rebuilt into a newer, stronger, and more successful you.

10. Daddy Felix says:

Wonderful and eye opener. Lovely thoughts… All the best and have a great week ahead of you. Vaya Con Dios…

11. Pingback: 5 Things Successful People Do — Jay Colby | Lady Dyanna

12. TipsterPH says:

Great tips! Thanks for Sharing this Jay.

Thank you so much for sharing !! Wonderful tips!

14. Stetson says:

Yes Sir. It’s what Champs do.

15. I always plan and write down my goals for the following the day the night before. That way: if something comes up that I have to tend to, then I’m able to know what’s feasible to complete.

16. truptivk says:

Inspirational

17. Great advice….I especially like the point about people willing to risk to fail!! So true!

18. jupitermagic says:

Jay , man you are cool! great post as always 🙂

19. kisalldayeveryday says:

I like how you said “They visualize Success”

20. Run Wright says:

Number 4 is key. You become what you think about

21. CattleCapers says:

Another great post.

22. Rebecca says:

I love #3, I talk about that with my husband all the time.

23. Excellent. People need passion and a plan! I posted this so my readers could benefit too.

24. The willingness to fail is extremely important. Actually, I think it’s healthy to fail at least once or twice, simply to understand that you are able to get up and keep moving forward.

25. kage2015 says:

Five great tips to remember to be successful. Shouldn’t be all about the money.

26. caendicott says:

I would like to add that we work towards our goals a little bit every day, especially if it’s a side gig.