The Power Of Love & Hate

Emotions are the strongest feelings that come to life through our highest highs and our lowest lows. The two most extreme emotions are love and hate. As history has feed us the narrative, “Love conquers all.”  This statement has been highly publicized and debated. Some agree with the idea that with love you can do anything and overcome any obstacle. In my experience love is stronger than hate because it grows you to the place and person you want to be while hate only brings pain, sorrow and distress in the end.

Power of Hate

The power of hate can be dangerous and in some cases can cause major issues in communities and societal problems. The definition of hate is “to dislike intensely or passionately feel extreme aversion”. Public perception tends to have angry and hateful outlook nowadays. Especially when commenting in text form on social media platforms or other online community forums. This hate comes in all forms of insults, negativity and racist views. This hate can tear down and dismiss even the strongest of people. The power of hate can be used in many social situations that cause pain and sorrow to the person on the receiving end of it.

Power of Love

The power of love has always been a strong defender against hate. With love and communication anything can be overcome. Love has always been an effective force in relation to society and social relations issues. If more people would spread love and positivity as a society we could come together and find a solution to all are concerns.

Love V.S Hate

With all the misplaced hate in the world today finding positivity and love can be quite a challenge. There are many different views, perspectives, opinions and many people who are “stuck in their ways”. Some people either don’t care to listen or change they just accept the narrative and rather move on from the subject and how it effects anyone other than themselves. In light of all the recent news of police violence, hate crimes, violent crimes against police and citizens in major cities. I want everyone reading this to take a step back and think about their life and ask yourself is love or hate more powerful? Many of us have seen hate destroy communities, people and race relations just because of some in many cases minor differences. Most of time the hate is misplaced and divides us even more. Comment below whether you believe  love or hate is more powerful in today’s society & if  you liked this post don’t forget to share!

This entry was posted in Life, Love and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to The Power Of Love & Hate

1. Pingback: The Power Of Love & Hate | Yankee Gals Cafe

2. Lisa Meister says:

I believe that people expect people to not like them or be nice to them. Love is way more powerful and unexpected. Love will win in the end.

3. apromise2013 says:

Only thing more powerful than live is purpose. If you have them both; you are unstoppable (no weapon) 🙂Thanks for the interesting read as usual.

4. Such a truthful and powerful post. Love > Hate.

SoFarSoCollege.WordPress.com

5. ronbrownx says:

God is Love and Love is God, therefore, LOVE is the most powerful force in this universe or any other.

6. Thanks for the share. I believe that love & hate are balanced. One cannot over power the other. One cannot exist without the other. It all boils down to personal choice which is fed more than the other.

7. Gina Leslie says:

Love this post on love! What a great message!

8. I only have love! Only. I don’t have time for hate.

9. Beautiful, brilliant, excellent. Love your work. Oh look – there’s that word – “love” Hate is weak. Love is power.

10. Well, it’s just so that nobody actually tries to solve anything. I noticed that labeling everybody is strictly American and Canadian feature. It’s on each step: this group and that community, and there is no one human society. Labeling leads to separation, division and ready-to-use stamps which people are applying to others. Also: lack of education and even access to it, is an abnormal disadvantage. Nobody is interested to see the entire picture. Until people do not start caring about how much truth is out there and how much of all news is just to make money for broadcasting companies, they won’t know what exactly is going on. There is extreme injustice in all areas of life, and one shouldn’t allow their eyes to be blinded with loud slogans and stupid misleading nothing changing activities. Smart and educated, as well as informed crowd is hard to manipulate. People who have no idea what are the REAL triggering events and conditions, can only react, they cannot act so that there is some kind of a progress.

11. Cait says:

Great read. Especially with all that has been going on in the news lately.

– Cait | http://www.prettyandfun.com

12. DhyvD says:

I don’t think it is a simple matter of which is more powerful. Hate, itself, can be viewed as “loving to hate” because, apparently, some people feel so good in looking down on others, that it becomes a substitute for loving themselves, loving humanity, and seeking mutual respect.

Having said all of that, many hateful situations are manipulated by outside forces who want to take advantage of someone who is “mentally disabled by hate”. For example, entire wars have been started not because they were useful for defense, but because they were useful for a few people who saw an opportunity to mislead people for their own profit.

It would be great if humans could love as much as they hate, and get into a frenzy of love the way we seem to get into a frenzy of violence. Indeed, that is some of what might happen at a rave or other type of party, although it is more an admiration for the artist perhaps an enjoyment, rather than the deep joy that comes from love.

So, overall, I think that love of a deep kind… requires a certain kind of human. A kind human, not a cruel human.

We are humankind, so it should be possible… but I do think that the structures needed for love need to be fostered and perhaps regenerated continually… and they can easily become depleted by neglecting that maintenance.

So… love is more powerful, when it exists, but hate is easier to spread on a wide scale. Since hate can destroy vessels and means of love, it is not only hateful people, but also, lukewarm people who can slide into hateful modes, who can cause problems for everyone which amplify.

To infect people with hate is possible, but to infect people with love is not… we can encourage love, and we can foster self-esteem…. but in general, we cannot infect the type of love that leaves to sustained love nor self esteem building, which are the types of love we need the most of. Furthermore, creating negative self esteem and preventing awareness of love for the purpose of selling substitutes, is the primary goal of many systems which are now pervasive, and which may even use the word “love” in vain to mean control, consumption, and corruption of esteem for the sake of compliance with a well constructed, but false, world-view.

Rather than call it “love”, also, we tend to more precisely speak of the various types of love, such as self-esteem, kindness, encouragement, leadership ability, and so on… these things can all appear to be unrelated to love, but they are all expressions of love.

They can be substitutes (for example, arrogance, manipulation with bribes, flattery, domination/boss stance, and so forth), but they too would have different words and have at their core both a lack of self-love and a lack love for others.

The key of “mutual respect” is important, but that requires true communication, and agreement at compatible levels. Too often, communication attempts fail, and the process may foster hate or a mixture of hate and desire. This is not love, but, simply, confusion dominated by an ignorance of self-love (not selfish love, alone).

Just off the top of my head; I will think about it more, but I do think the question is loaded and the answer is not one nor the other. It may be that causing people in intermingle love and hate is a technique that was mastered a long time ago, and it continues to be perpetuated to the profit of some, but at the detriment of us all, collectively, as human beings attempting to share the world. In that case, personal (individual, subjective, moment to moment) awareness is what is more powerful, for without it, we will only become victims to those “conspiracies” or just common habits.

13. sam1128 says:

Interesting post I think maybe people have stopped learning how to truly love and that’s a big issue and love as a concept gets tied up to sex rather than in the wider context of caring, sharing and helping and trying to understand others. You see instances of self sacrifice, the urge to help others very evident in times of crisis. I don’t know if there is an in balance between hate and love, the media only report the sensational so it’s a skewed picture.
    Hate is driven from lots of things including learned behaviour but often driven from fear ,….and fear drives many of the actions that are labelled as hate. People fear things they don’t understand and react accordingly.
    Maybe some of that is happening in USA is driven by fear as much as by hate…I suppose the question is ,is it the same thing?

14. caendicott says:

What an appropriate post given the current climate in the United States. Great post, Jay.

15. diadarling3 says:

Beautiful post. I am at the point where I feel like my heart can’t take too much more hate. I literally don’t know how the earth is still turning with so much hate in it Love is all we have.

16. The energy of love is the substance from which everything in the universe is made. Ultimately, love rules . . . though I admit that we humans are befuddled by what we see around us and sometimes in us. A few moments in a meditative state sending love out to the world from the heart chakra is always a good place to start when it comes to channeling love. Thanks for this post, Jay.

17. Sabrina Marie says:

Good stuff! Thanks for stopping by on my blog! I am now following you and I am looking forward to reading your blog!

18. JoAnna says:

I believe that love is more powerful, but hate gets more attention in the media. We have become conditioned to expect that. We need to let those who report the news know we are tired of so much concentration on hate. We need to stop feeding the fears and feed love. We need to to know what’s going on, we need to know about injustices to work for change, but we also need to hold up love in the form of the good news that is out there in more abundance than we realize.

19. My mother has always asked “What is the only emotion not based on fear?” Her answer -Joy.

Love because you can really accomplish way more than being hateful. Hate draws so much attention it’s like it brings so much excitement . In this society it’s sad that abnormal crazy behaviors are excepted and even if you do hate it’s just reacting with such extreme measures thats the problem.Great post as always!

21. rothpoetry says:

Love always trumps hate! Puts hate to shame! Offers light instead of darkness in society.
    Look at the Amish School shootings of five young girls at Nickle Mines PA for a great example.
    Sometimes it is not love or hate, but rather forgiveness. The hardest of all!!

22. teri again says:

Wonderful post, I’ve seen love win and I’ve seen hate win . I believe it’s the one you feed.

23. Scott Olgard says:

Nice post and an interesting read. I think both love and hate are a matter of perspective, and both words get thrown around without proper realisation of the meaning. We have all had times where we find ourselves saying we hate/love something/someone, and we know we don’t mean it to that extent, but we have become desensitised to the true meaning. As for which is most powerful, again I think this is tricky; both have the power to rock your world to its core, in inexplicable manners.
    Thanks again!

24. Love is the only reason why the universe still exists. However, the capitalistic system is cut throat and is full of jealousy, envy, and hate. The few selected individuals live in another colony and control the major corporations that dictate the world’s economy.

25. bursh1 says:

Well written, keep it up👍

26. For me it’s more on how you choose to look at the things. If you tend to look at the negativity and hate, you would most likely believe that the world you are living now is more of a hate world but if you tend to look for the positives and love, you would surely have a better life and less stress.

27. prinxy says:

The Power of Love…. What a mighty Phenomenon…. All the world needs to grow is LOVE… Continue in Love and see the change..👏👏👏
    Bravo Jay… Thanks for sharing

28. Fijay says:

Love …trouble is we’re up against a society that has ENCOURAGED a shallow narcissm , greed and lack of understanding of the others point of view

29. This post has hit home for me!!!

30. Idle Muser says:

Love definitely can conquer all. Though there are things which we can’t love, but we shouldn’t hate them either cause hate brings negativity within oneself only.
    So, if you can’t love, don’t hate either. 🙂

31. Sadly, hate gets more headlines than love in the press and I can fall into that same trap. I need to make sure i elevate the positive and mitigate the negative.

32. annjekins says:

Love is very powerful and I know it’s what’s gonna pull us together and save this country from Trump.. only love can conquer hate..

33. lbalex50 says:

love is more powerful. The late Dr. Martin Luther King reminded us, “To let no man bring you so low as to hate…” Love is forever!

34. Where is the time to hate, there is a little time love. So come let’s spread love, cheer and happiness.

35. eddaz says:

Love and hate are for real but we have the power to choose which we belong to..The power of love or the power of hate…I choose love. It binds us all together and with it we can conquer😇

36. From a Christian perspective, love ultimately wins, however it doesnt always feel like that especially in a world riddled with injustice. Sometimes we have to wait patiently to see the manifestation of justice, restoration, healing etc but I always believe that with the love of God we can conquer anything.

37. Sir_Phren says:

Great one. Keep up the good work

Very interesting questions you raise. I think both are powerful, but I happen to believe that love is pure, whereas hate is really a form of fear or misguidedness. I also think that love can overcome hate/fear and that hate/fear can eat away at us and cause disease. Weird sounding, I know.