For bloggers, entrepreneurs and marketers branding is just as important as it is for large corporations. A business without branding– in the grand scheme of things means nothing. But starting a brand is one of the most challenging things to do. Many times, we have great ideas, but don’t have a clue on where to start and how to jump start our brand. Having an effective brand strategy is at the heart of any business or personal brand. Here are 5 methods anyone can use to start and maintain their brand!
- Identify your target audience – One of the first steps to starting a brand is identifying who you will be marketing to. For example, if you were selling a children’s book for kids between the ages of 3-10 you would focus your marketing towards parents of kids that age.
- Learn your competitors’ brands – When you evaluate brands who’re in a similar niche to your brand or service. You can learn an excess of information of by studying these previously established entries. Paying attention to how their logos are designed, how they interact with customers and their social media platforms. This can help steer you in the right direction once you start your brand.
- Build your platform – If you are going to have a personal or business brand you will need a website in order to create your virtual platform. If it’s a personal brand your website can simply be your name, and if it’s your business it can be the name of said business. Sounds simple but building an audience can be changeling, thus the faster you start this process the better.
- Identify your uniqueness– Think about the characteristics you want your brand to exemplify and utilize that to separate your brand from the pack. Nowadays with some many brands that may seem impossible, but if we put on our “creative hat” it can be done. Learn all that you can and become the expert in that area. You can never stop learning. Read, absorb, and teach.
- Be yourself – Whether your building a personal or business brand it is imperative to be yourself. Finding your own style and being true to yourself is always vital. We can use our own style and uniqueness to attract the jobs and clientele that we desire.
Have you started building your brand what was your biggest obstacle building your brand? Comment below & if you liked this article please share!
Copyright ©2017 Jay Colby All Rights Reserved.