Over the past decade or so there has been ad campaigns, infomercials and “financial freedom guru’s” who’s idea of obtaining wealth has been commercialize. Therefore, causing many of us to develop more and more interest in obtaining this “freedom” that wealth can bring.
Many of us have seen the infomercials where it’s some guy on a jet ski talking about how he went from sleeping on his or her parent’s coach and now he owns a huge house and jet ski. Or more common in today’s internet age where those same type of narrative is displayed through Facebook or YouTube ads.
These concepts have made many people “money hungry” and glorifying the idea of being wealthy. However, many of these campaigns or ads are mostly trying to sell us the idea of building wealth and they will “teach us their tricks of the trades” for $39.99 a month. Not knowing that no matter how many tricks, tips or advice they give us. If we are not in the mental state to be able to utilize these “tricks of the trade” they will go null in void. Here are 5 methods to develop a mindset that will prepare you for wealth.
- Attain Knowledge – As the cliché says “knowledge is power” which has been made more apparent as we live in the information age. Where we have access to information all around we have the prefect opportunity to mold our mind to be ready for wealth. Always being open to new information that can shape our mindset towards the right direction.
- Look to Invest Your Money – Instead of looking for ways to spend money look for ways to invest it. One of the main reason why “wealth” seems unattainable to many of us is simply, because our outlook of how we look at money. For example, many of us were taught as children to save up enough money to buy what we want. So, if you wanted a certain item such as a leather jacket that cost $85 we’re taught to save our money to buy said jacket. This starts the process of making us “consumers based buyers” which causes us to make money with the mindset of how to spend it instead of how to use it to make more money.
- Delay Gratification – In today’s microwave society everyone is in a rush for everything. This plays a huge role when it comes to wealth, because if you’re not born into wealth it takes time to develop it. Simply put, you have to be patient and willing to overcome the bumps in the road that may occur on your journey.
- Think Outside the Box/ Be Intentional – Thinking outside of the norm is key, because if you’re working towards developing wealth. This is most likely outside of what you may think is normal or realistic. However, once we decide on whatever we want to do to obtain wealth we must be intentional in our actions. That goes for everything in our lives i.e. where we live, who we let into our lives, what influences we let into our mind etc.
- Develop A Plan – Now this may or may not be a business plan depending what stage you’re in mindset wise. This plan could be for developing the right mindset to setup ourselves for the business plan in the future. However, developing a plan is crucial to our ultimate goal of obtaining wealth.
What are your thoughts have you developed a mindset that will help you reach your goals/dreams? Comment below & if you like this article please share!
Stay Connected with Jay Colby
Facebook Page: Jay Colby
Twitter: J Colby
Instagram: Jay Colby
Podcast: The Jay Colby Show
Copyright ©2017 Jay Colby All Rights Reserved.