Do you believe in yourself? This may seem like a pretty simple question and most would answer by saying yes of course. But I would like to challenge you to take a step back and really analyze your life and the decisions you make or have made. Then think back to those tough decisions you’ve made and how did you decide whether or not to take a chance and follow your passion or dream. Did you have that self-confidence deep inside of you knowing you could do it or did you doubt yourself?
Now some may ask what really does “believing in yourself” mean well simply said it’s the confidence you have in yourself that no matter the situation you face you believe you will accomplish it. Believing in yourself is important to achieve just about anything in life. If you don’t truly believe in yourself, you can’t get through life properly or smoothly. Self-confidence is one of the most important qualities to have in every aspect of our lives. Whether this is on a personal or professional level belief in oneself goes a long way in determining success and failure.
The problem with self-belief, and self-confidence, is that there is no ‘easy’ or ‘one fits all’ solution. Being able to develop confidence in yourself can depend on a number of factors. It all depends on what motivates you, what makes you happy, who you look up to, your personal experience and a variety of other factors. What is certain is that self-belief is essential when it comes to success in anything we do in life. Here are five ways you can believe in yourself and gain confidence.
- Create Positive Thoughts: We create who we are, every day, by our daily beliefs and self-talk. Our words are essentially affirmation. It’s important that we talk to ourselves with love and kindness. We deserve our own compliments. This is a very important step, because we might not have anyone in our lives to gives us this support and positive outlook.
- Start The Process: by gaining knowledge, set yourself some goals and manage yourself, accepting failures along the way. By giving yourself goals or targets you can gain a real sense of accomplishment when you reach them and therefore grow your confidence.
- Less Fear More Belief: Fear is merely false evidence appearing real. It holds you back from believing in yourself more than anything else. It’s an illusion. When you start to believe in yourself and your own abilities will grow naturally.
- Reminisce on Past Success: The past can be very helpful and reassuring when you think back on the past when you have been successful. For example, if you were nervous to start a new project at your job and you was unsure. Just think back to the numerous times you have done projects and were successful.
- Surround Yourself with Positive People: This might seem odd when on the topic of believing in oneself. However this is a key part in doing so. If you surround yourself with people who don’t believe in you and are always talking down upon you. Then you will ultimately have to distance yourself from that person or simply just cut them out of your life completely. In the end negative and misery needs company and if you’re on the road to success and happiness that will only bring you down.
Self- confidence will grow over time if you work on it so now it’s time to stretch yourself more set bigger goals, complete more challenging tasks and extend your skills. Don’t listen to naysayers and doubters go after anything and everything you want. And if no one believes in you JUST REMEMBER I DO. Comment below if you like this post & please share!
Copyright ©2016 Jay Colby All Rights Reserved.