Monday Question: Do You Believe In Yourself?

Do you believe in yourself? This may seem like a pretty simple question and most would answer by saying yes of course. But I would like to challenge you to take a  step back and really analyze your life and the decisions you make or have made. Then think back to those tough decisions you’ve made and how did you decide whether or not to take a chance and follow your passion or dream. Did you have that self-confidence deep inside of you knowing you could do it or did you doubt yourself?

Now some may ask what really does “believing in yourself” mean well simply said it’s the confidence you have in yourself that no matter the situation you face you believe you will  accomplish it. Believing in yourself is important to achieve just about anything in life. If you don’t truly believe in yourself, you can’t get through life properly or smoothly. Self-confidence is one of the most important qualities to have in every aspect of our lives. Whether this is on a personal or professional level belief in oneself goes a long way in determining success and failure.

The problem with self-belief, and self-confidence, is that there is no ‘easy’ or ‘one fits all’ solution. Being able to develop confidence in yourself can depend on a number of factors. It all depends on what motivates you, what makes you happy, who you look up to, your personal experience and a variety of other factors. What is certain is that self-belief is essential when it comes to success in anything we do in life.  Here are five ways you can believe in yourself and gain confidence.

1. Create Positive Thoughts: We create who we are, every day, by our daily beliefs and self-talk. Our words are essentially affirmation. It’s important that we talk to ourselves with love and kindness. We deserve our own compliments. This is a very important step, because we might not have anyone in our lives to gives us this support and positive outlook.
  2. Start The Process: by gaining knowledge, set yourself some goals and manage yourself, accepting failures along the way. By giving yourself goals or targets you can gain a real sense of accomplishment when you reach them and therefore grow your confidence.
  3. Less Fear More Belief: Fear is merely false evidence appearing real. It holds you back from believing in yourself more than anything else. It’s an illusion. When you start to believe in yourself and your own abilities will grow naturally.
  4. Reminisce on Past Success: The past can be very helpful and reassuring when you think back on the past when you have been successful. For example, if you were nervous to start a new project at your job and you was unsure. Just think back to the numerous times you have done projects and were successful.
  5. Surround Yourself with Positive People: This might seem odd when on the topic of believing in oneself. However this is a key part in doing so. If you surround yourself with people who don’t believe in you and are always talking down upon you. Then you will ultimately have to distance yourself from that person or simply just cut them out of your life completely. In the end negative and misery needs company and if you’re on the road to success and happiness that will only bring you down.

Self- confidence will grow over time if you work on it so now it’s time to stretch yourself more set bigger goals, complete more challenging tasks and extend your skills. Don’t listen to naysayers and doubters go after anything and everything you want. And if no one believes in you JUST REMEMBER I DO.  Comment below if you like this post & please share!

This entry was posted in Inspiration, Life, Motivation and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

127 Responses to Monday Question: Do You Believe In Yourself?

1. nickc324 says:

Thanks for posting this. I needed it and will try to remember all of this!

2. SalAA says:

Thanks for this, it’s a question I ask myself a lot, and I’m trying to believe in myself. I’m making progress despite a lifetime of mental health issues. Some days I do, others I wobble. I’m getting there.

3. I’m new to this site, loving it so far, still getting the hang of it. I have always been a writer but never had a place to actually share it so happy I finally can now. If you wanna check on the couple I have posted that would be awesome! Love this tho’

4. samba2017 says:

Very uplifting – thank you!

5. I have to say it again: Fear is merely false evidence appearing real. That is profound! Is it your words, or did you read it somewhere else?

6. mrsfrostblog says:

Nice post! I use no.4 a lot in my life. Especially reviewing old photos charges battery of good emotions to move on with craziest ideas:)

7. robin rue says:

Yes, but a lot of the time I need a reminder to look at everything I have accomplished. I need to believe more.

8. Ofcourse i do…but sometimes the society snatches away my beleive

9. It is so hard to believe in yourself when people are constantly putting you down. I believe that surrounding yourself with the right people, is key!

10. updownflight says:

Your points 4 and 5 really struck me as ones I should start with.

I used to have a lot of self-confidence before the worst of my mental illness struck. Severe mental illness can really drag you down. The people closest to me love me, but are afraid of me having a mental illness relapse. They are so protective that they just want me “safe”. That “safety” is limiting to a large degree.

11. Thanks for reading my blog 🙂

12. Amber says:

I try to always believe in myself. And I always tell my kids to do the same.

13. Believing in myself more each year, and finding increasingly solid ground. Thanks for the advice and inspiration!

14. nickc324 says:

Thanks for posting that! Self-doubt has always been an issue, but I am going to work on this and remember what you said. Thanks again, your posts are always so helpful.

15. toastycritic says:

Believing in yourself is a great thing. And overcoming our fears is such a big part of that.

16. Amanda Love says:

Like everyone else, I’ve had doubts about myself and it’s not easy to go through life with that kind of mindset. I think these are going to be really helpful.

17. Self love, positive thinking, getting rid of the people who pull you down, those are the things that keep me going after my dreams. These reminders are perfect for people who are feeling stuck at the moment or those who are unmotivated to keep going.

18. Ana De-Jesus says:

I always found it hard to believe in myself and always wondered why. I no its because I have poor self esteem but I am working on it and learning to have more self belief!

19. Hannah Marie says:

The answer for me is NO. I have tried many times to be confident with my decisions but I always end up a failure. Thank you for this, I love your post.

20. Ana Ojha says:

Great tips! I totally agree with you that surrounding yourself with right people helps a lot! It not only sets a positive aura in our life but also, we feel self-motivated!

21. Whitney says:

Great post Jay. As a mom of 3 and a stay at home wife, it’s can be hard to believe that I can do other things except be a mom and wife. Being surrounded with just the kids and nothing can cause doubt and question if I believe in myself to do other things, besides take care of my family. Thanks for the inspiration.

22. LaQuisha Hall says:

I most certainly believe in myself! However it takes years to accomplish. It is definitely a mindset shift.

23. cleverlychanging says:

It can be easy to get caught up in thinking about past success without making a clear plan to achieve more. People really need to create a road map for their life, just as the Word says “Without a vision, the people perish.

24. Wow such an insightful post! I agree that past success makes it sometimes hard for us to plan for the next!

25. yes,I believe in myself.I like all these tips shared.Specially I use no.1 & 5 in the tips for my life.With positive thoughts and positive people around,it is easy to win the challenges of life!

26. MUD By Shaun says:

Very true. Filter yourself with people who will positively affect you. Get rid of negative influences from inside out as well.

27. Victoria says:

This is a great post. I love the points you made. Whether or not if you believe in yourself is not as a straightforward of a question as it seems.

28. Reminisce but don’t dwell on the past. The future is where we’ll find much more joy in our successes. And yes, I believe in myself, even when I don’t if you can understand that.

29. Barb says:

Belief gives courage and courage leads us to a better life. Good post as always.

30. Otilia says:

NO. I don’t believe in myself and it’s a continuous battle for me…I try not to dwell in the past either but that is difficult for me too…

• You can do it Otilia…. just continue to praise the little moments, every single small accomplishment. You are worth that! Never forget to Celebrate yourself!!! If you forget to…. I will Celebrate you!!!

31. My answer is YES. Because if not, then how can others believe what I can do?
    Self confidence is important. If you are not born with it, then learn to have it.

32. I didn’t know English language, and on Saturday, I wrote my 1st guest post, and the response was beautiful.

33. abhiray59 says:

Nice post.

34. I truly love this and …. what a great question!
    Do I believe in myself? I can honestly say… that I do , but…. and that is the issue. Why is there a but? Manifesting the vision is what I have been doing and when I do what I see and put forth truly makes me feel good. It’s in those times when things don’t go right that I have do believe in myself more.

35. This post is wonderful! I don’t believe I believe in myself as much as I should & I know I need to do more in order to do so. This is very helpful.

36. krazykiyale says:

More than anyone is supposed to.

37. I do believe in myself. Thanks for the tips that will make a better person!

38. Asha says:

Thanks for the Sharing !! Great

39. I like the reminisce on past success! Very relevant thanks

I do believe in myself great motivation thanks for sharing. 🙂

41. takemootoo says:

This is such a sweet post. I love the create positive thoughts aspect because it shows that you have to begin to build yourself up, even if it’s just the small things.

42. It is well-written, you have given out the recipe for self-confidence in clear term.

43. acflory says:

Great post, Jay. I particularly liked your point about past successes. I believe self confidence is built on small successes achieved often. After a while, believing we can do this or that becomes a kind of emotional habit. The hard part is reaching out for the next small goal. Eventually, overcoming the fear of failure becomes a kind of habit too and carries us over the inevitable small failures.

44. Yes, thank you for posting this. I don’t think that reminisce on past success enough.

45. Shawna says:

Great post. Really motivational. Believing in yourself can sometimes seem like such a difficult task, but it is so vital to our confidence and self-esteem. Great read! Sharing!