10 Rules For Success

I have always been infatuated with successful people. I constantly read about their processes, habits, philosophies, behaviors, and what influenced their success. Not only do I find it motivating, but by understanding how and why successful people do what they do it helps me to strive for success. As I have researched over the past few months I came to realization that success has many different definitions depending on who you ask so I combined a list of ten rules that successful people live and breathe by.

1. Love The Process:

Everyone loves the end result of success i.e. money, notary or fame that comes with success. But often times to get to this level we have to love what we do. If you truly love what you are doing then it will be easy to put in all the hard work and sacrifice required to be successful.

1. Don’t Limit Yourself:

Generally without even realizing we limit ourselves by our thoughts, outlook on life and the vision we have set for our lives.  Sometimes it is often a misconception that we are limited in what we can achieve in life. This is not the case once we realize that we are capable of doing any and everything we put our minds to.

1. Be Passionate:

This might sound cliché, but majority of successful people and aficionados have confirmed that having passion is vital to have any kind of success. Without having passion you will never reach your dreams and goals, because when it becomes difficult you will give up if you truly don’t love what you do.

1. Don’t Care What Other People Think Of You:

On the road to success there will always be naysayers, dream killers or doubters standing in your way trying to discourage, stop and derail your predestined success. When you are on the path to greatness often times there will be people who have negative comments or simply just don’t believe in whatever you are doing. This is when your mindset and self-belief plays a major role in your success.

1. Appreciate Where You Are Now:

In many cases we get caught up in where we want to be in our career, life or success wise. That we tend to forget to be thankful for where we are at that present moment.  This does not mean don’t want and strive for better but simply to not get down on yourself for not reaching your goal at that present time.

1. Read, Read & Read Some More:

This in my opinion is one of the most looked over and underpublicized rules to success. The more we read the more information and knowledge we attain. Reading is truly fundamental that is why it is one of the first things we learn as a child, but as we grow older we tend to only utilize it when necessary. In the end the most successful people read almost every day to expand their minds and constantly learning new things.

1. Model Success & Networking:

Generally most successful people had a mentor or somebody they looked up to and gained valuable information by just watching how they became successful. Meeting and learning from successful people is an imperative step to success.  A wise man once said “Networking is vital to success but if you don’t learn anything you have nothing”.

1. Have Confidence Believe in Yourself:

Without confidence and belief in yourself it can become almost impossible to obtain success. If you don’t believe in yourself, you can’t get through life properly or smoothly. Self-confidence is one of the most important qualities to have in every aspect of our lives. Whether this is on a personal or professional level belief in oneself goes a long way in determining success or failure.

1. Surround Yourself With Greatness:

This is an easy concept to grasp, but many of us have a difficult time actually adopting this step. Finding great and successful people who are willing to help and mentor us can be challenging. So surrounding ourselves with people who are like-minded who have the determination and drive to be successful is the next best thing. Greatness embodies greatness not the other way around so if you want to be great you cannot associate with people who are perfectly fine with mediocrity.

1. Never Give Up:

No matter what level of success we want to achieve we have to adopt the “never give up mindset”. In any endeavor that we decide to go into we will have failures, disappointments and naysayers. The key is we never give up and stay true to our passion, dream or goal.

In the end even with all these rules above if we don’t truly love what we do and have decided to dedicate ourselves to do so. Gaining success may seem fair fetched but we all have a choice today to change our lives by simply going after our passion and never looking back. What are your rules for success? Comment below & if you liked this post please share!

This entry was posted in Life, Mindset, Success and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

157 Responses to 10 Rules For Success

1. amyzents says:

True on many counts. The fact is overcoming the challenges of a little discomfort. Mediocre people can’t stand a little discomfort. Successful people push through initial suffering to move onto happy action and success!

2. jac forsyth says:

I realised a few months ago that I had no model for success, only a stonking great fear of who I would be. So I went out and found some.
    David Bowie had a way of being successful in this world that was truly beautiful.
    I also ask myself, ‘What would Steve Jobs do?’
    ‘Stay hungry, stay foolish.’

3. Jing Sebastian says:

Passion, process and appreciation…Just need to be in love!
    Thanks for reiterating the concepts Jay. 🙂

4. Fantastic post. Thank you for sharing!😊

5. I know a lot of successful people who don’t spend a lot of time thinking about success. They just do their thing. They focus on surpassing the bar they set for themselves the previous day and not on what others are doing unless it’s a market competitor. A lot of them aren’t looking for recognition and just want to survive by doing something they love. Many also want to give back like JK Rowling does.

6. sargondorsai says:

Those are some great points. Appreciating things as they come is one that I try to live by.

7. Laura Beth says:

Thank you so much for these reminders!

8. Smartygirl41 says:

Great post. It was the perfect message for me today. Thanks for writing.

9. Love this. Thanks for the follow also. 🙂 You know, as someone who is in the business of helping others through yoga and of trying to be of service, and then raising kiddos solo, I sometimes forget my needs and then no wonder I can get discouraged when it comes to my writing…I do need to surround myself with those who are fearless & who will pump me up. Writing novels is isolating business…then teaching those who are injured or in recovery is so rewarding and gets me out of my head, but it’s a different world completely & not necessarily a world that pumps me up to keep writing that next novel, you know? … This post was a good reminder for me. Maybe my online community of bloggers will be my way of surrounding myself with seekers who are inspiring. Thanks Jay. 🙂

10. J L Hunt says:

Great article…a very good read 🙂

11. kenyonaparlor says:

Reblogged this on SUDDEN MUSE.

12. kenyonaparlor says:

What an amazing blog post! And by the way thanks for reminding me to read, read, and read more. Almost forgot that I had to pick up a book from Barnes and Nobles <3. Anyway, you have something amazing here, Jay.

13. Great post thank you💜

14. nikibayard says:

yep… it comes from the inside, beware the external appearances, when joy comes first and success is a result, then we’ve got the happily ever after
    nx

15. This is such a big help and a blessing 😁. It’s a good read.

16. Max says:

This is a very good post in my opinion
    I look at success as:
    Start
    Understand your objectives
    Concentrate on the task in hand
    Create the right environment
    Educate yourself
    Stay focused
    Spend your precious time and money wisely.

If you use this please credit back thankyou.

17. Excellent post! I still really struggle with point #4…I don’t enjoy people not liking me therefor I feel like I’ve limited myself in how I approach many things in life. I shy away from forging ahead in certain directions for fear of rejection.

18. These are awesome points!

19. Pingback: 10 Rules For Success | B +Ve !!

20. You have to be great within yourself and possess that something in your inner being that pushes you towards wanting to be different, wanting to excel and wanting to leave something GREAT behind. Without that flicker within YOU which your environment, training, skills, reading, mentoring, modelling and belief in yourself turns into a roaring flame, you can never be successful.

21. Reblogged this on femidadaadedina and commented:
    Success is what ALL of us wants. It is as different as the varieties we have in this world. What is success to someone is failure to another but as we journey on in this world, what can we do to bring success into our life and leave this happy that we have impacted on others? Read on in this reblogged post

22. LUH says:

Amazing post, thank you !

23. Before Dec 2013, I was very successful, til I was crossing the street to catch a bus to work and was hit by a vehicle. It’s been a struggle ever since as I will never be able to do the work I once enjoyed and loved. While working I had put my writing on hold, now I am writing a script for someone and I am once again excited and hope it will be a great success.

24. Connie Wyatt says:

Thank you for such an insightful post! I agree with every point.

25. Connie Wyatt says:

Thank you for such an insightful post. I agree with every point!

26. Allison Webb says:

These are great points. I really appreciate them because they can apply to any type of success you are hoping to achieve. I’m so glad I came across this!

27. i will try and indulge the tips you gave for my success! really a great and helpful post!
    xoxo
    rashidheniablog.wordpress.com

28. EXCELLENT POST!! Thank you so much for sharing. There’s one other thing I thought of. Don’t sell yourself out or put yourself down. People do that a lot even unconsciously.

29. This was excellent. #4 immediately stood out to me. Thanks for the reminder that people’s opinions of me don’t matter!

30. michnavs says:

This is very informative..

31. Kewrites says:

Great post! and well written, I totally agree with the fact that in your journey there will be naysayers, you have to keep going..

32. Pingback: TEN RULES FOR SUCCESS | B +Ve !!

33. kage2015 says:

Everyone should follow these steps and will find their success and happiness.

34. Couldn’t agree more with this list. Thanks for sharing!

35. klipdrifters says:

Some great points and reminders. Thanks for sharing… and motivating!

36. diadarling3 says:

Jay! This post is amazing!! I think my favorite here is to be grateful for where you are now. I think the true feeling of success is seeing how hard you worked to get where you are and being able to find joy in every step is beautiful.

37. Tammy Jones says:

Jay, thank you for sharing this and reminding me NOT to LIMIT myself! I have a tendency to seek the approval of others, thereby limiting my success. Thanks for the encouragement.

38. babl says:

Reblogged this on FunLifeStyleQuiz and commented:
    Good thinking 🙂

39. zolabee says:

Great post, lots of good points to relate to. Thanks for sharing!

40. letsworkathomeblog says:

Thanks for sharing Jay, this is an awesome post. One that I personally needed to see. Keep up the great work, (thumbs up) 😊

41. Pingback: 10 Rules For Success – Life Essence

42. galeweithers says:

Loved these but my favourite was “surround yoursrlf with greatness”. Thanks for sharing 🙂

43. Rita K. says:

Really enjoyed these important ideas, especially #1 and 6. Thanks for something to ponder.

44. Priscilla says:

Brilliant, Jay! I’m also fascinated by successful folks. They’re inspirational figures. That said, your 10 rules for success are spot-on 🙂

45. Reading is fundamental! Happy I read that.

46. You know Jay, there may be more than 10 rules for success, but I can’t think of a better list for someone to use for getting started. ;O)

47. Leslie says:

Thanks Jay – Periodically I have to return to numbers 1,2, 4, & 5 and repeat them like mantras!