Turning Dreams Into Reality

We all know that having a dream or goal for our life is the easy part but turning that dream into a reality is easier said than done. There will always be obstacles and inconveniences along the way that can potential hold you back.  These setbacks can easily convince anyone that they are not moving in the right direction and are simply making a mistake following their dream.  Contrary to popular belief there is no “secret” to realizing and achieving your dreams. It’s not a magic formula that you can get that magically works and the next thing you know your dreams become a reality. It takes more than a few ideas, hopes and little to no effort to go from a just a dream to reality. It’s important to clearly state and write down your dreams or goals this is a vital step. Then create a plan and hold your self accountable for deadlines you have given yourself.

Visualizing Your Dreams

There are many articles, blogs and motivational videos that discus the inherent power of our thoughts can manifest into our deepest desires.  Simply put visualizing means having a vivid and compelling image in your mind about the objects of your desire. This is an important step to making our dreams a reality, because if we don’t believe in ourselves and speak, think and believe it no one else will. I always quote a mentor of mind he always says “Our thoughts become reality”.  Simply said, our mind naturally manifests things into existence if we truly believe in them.  Visualization is one of the best ways to make your dreams come to fruition.

No excuses

It is easy to make excuses i.e. I don’t have enough time, resources, connections, money etc. etc. There are numerous excuses one can make for themselves ,but if you really want to make your dreams a reality not just thoughts and hopes in your head.  You cannot make excuses because we all have them I used to make excuses all the time “I’m too young, I don’t have enough money, I don’t come from a background of people who follow their dreams, I don’t have enough time”.  All the excuses I made I was focused on what I didn’t have and not what I did have.  Which are hard work and the dedication to make anything possible even past my wildest dreams.  So for those who sit around making excuses about how they can’t reach their dream or goal. I want you to ask yourself a question is your excuse really worth going through a life time of regret wishing you would have followed your dream?

Process over Outcome

When you trust the plan choosing process over outcome is easy.  If you are preoccupy with the outcome then the failures can be painful and lead to the feeling of being inadequate and incompetent. This can lead to discouragement and eventually giving up on your dream. However focusing on the process allows you to view setbacks or failures as opportune to learn and improve.  It may sound cliché but it is true failure can become our biggest teachers. I remember when I first started writing there were countless number of people would say I could never be a writer and my dreams were silly and my writing style was filled with misspellings, grammar mistake’s  and grammatical errors. Those negative comments just fueled my work ethic and made me work harder than I ever did before to improve my skills and to prove them wrong.

Do you have a dream? Does your imagination run riot at the thought reaching your dreams? Do you fantasize about how your life would be if you make your dreams a reality? Often people avoid following a specific dream because it will takes years to achieve what they want. I want to encourage anybody reading this follow their dreams and passions. Whatever your vision, there’s no time like the present to put your big ideas into action. Comment below what your dream is & if you like this post please share!

This entry was posted in Dreams, Inspiration, Motivation and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

71 Responses to Turning Dreams Into Reality

1. Run a successful independent publishing company. Have multiple novels get translated into many different languages, turn some into a striking motion picture, write the scripts, produce the movie, and make sure the movie represents the soul and nucleus of the novel. These are just a few to name. There are many more, which I will accomplish as time progresses.

2. amal_ko says:

Wow.. really inspiring post👍👌

3. Yasmine says:

Very inspiring post like usual ! Love it 💞

4. It never ceases to amaze me how thinking positively and visualising your dreams alone can be responsible for changing so many people’s lives; wow. It must be some sort of miracle, and I think there should definitely be a way to bottle this, and market it to to the general populace. Lives would change in moments! Thanks for posting this – utter revelation and I for one am a convert.

5. Sayl says:

Love your post! It’s pretty logical and true. 🙂 My dream is to become a big blogger here on WordPress! 🙂 it’s just takes you guys!

6. jansweeps says:

I had trouble reading this. Not because it was poorly written, on the contrary, it was well written! The reason why I had trouble reading it was because I would read the word “dream” and then do just that, dream my dreams into fruition. I am getting so close to actually having my dreams into my physical hands. Anyway, I just got so excited when I read the word dream that I would have to re-read everything you had written. LOL That’s a good thing, right? I wish you well and believe all your dreams are already a reality. It’s only a short amount of time before you are physically holding them in your heads. Keep dreaming.

7. My dream is to become a successful biz coach for aspiring mompreneurs and authors. I’m already coaching authors, but am working on developing a program to help aspiring authors and mompreneurs learn the biz basics to build a firm foundation. Thanks for the encouragement to pursue our dreams!

Joyfully,
    J.

8. J. Gilbert says:

My dream is to become a successful biz coach for aspiring mompreneurs and authors. I’m already coaching authors, but am working on developing a program to help aspiring authors and mompreneurs learn the biz basics to build a firm foundation. I, too, agree we attract what we think. Having the right mindset is definitely necessary to achieve our dreams. Thanks for the encouragement to pursue our dreams!

Joyfully,
    J. of joyfullyj.co

9. I love it! ❤ " All the excuses I made I was focused on what I didn’t have and not what I did have."

10. nabomitadas says:

I always enjoy reading your posts. Its such a boost to the day. 🙂

11. herbadave says:

Awesome post, so true! My dream is to be financially independent, be an Herbalife Chairmen’s Club member, investor, help young entrepreneurs and build an orphanage in Africa!

12. Very inspiring and motivational! 🙂

13. I just love it thank you..

14. Tabby says:

My dream to be a Christian Pastor of God’s Church!

15. Inese Poga Art plus Life says:

It is a well written post. Dreams are from the unrealistic part of the story, goals certainly represent something more attainable. Even if you do all of the above, but don’t have money and/or connections the path to fulfilling the dream is going to take much longer. In visual arts, having no money also means inability to represent works decently, having to use whatever materials there are, and still every tube of paint costs something, that means not being able to participate in juried shows or gallery showings, to have a decent studio, etc. Papers, canvas, brushes, mediums, everything adds up. For me, the financial aspect is absolutely the most limiting.

16. kolkatacappuccinoblog says:

If you have time, try to read Slavoj Zizek’s theory, basically the seven veils of Fantasies or Dreams by Sigmund Freud

17. Omg I’m in love with this post.

18. Tiru says:

Hi Jay,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. And love your blog. Great work 🙂

Love, T.

19. katyblundell says:

Loving your posts, very inspiring and express exactly how I’m feeling right now!

20. I’m in love with your blog posts. Very inspiring!😃

21. Thanks for stopping by my blog post Jay. I love your posts I must say – inspiring.

22. normapadro says:

I had several dreams. I wanted to become an artist, photographer, Writer, Music Producer. One year I decided that I was going to complete all my educational goals. I did in ten years. Eleven years later I became an author. I did it all independently. I went for it and didn’t look back. I stopped thinking about the dream and made it happen. I work hard at everything. It wasn’t easy, but I did it.

23. Inspiring write up..!!! 🙌🏼

24. taylormitch says:

Thanks a million for your posts. They have been a great way for me to stay focused and on track to reaching my goals, while also continuing to dream.

25. Nancy J says:

Thank you so much for this post. I really needed to hear these words. You have encouraged me to keep pursuing my dream of getting my book published. I was going to give up, but what you wrote has truly inspired me.

26. You covered a lot and shared many solutions how to make ones dream a reality. While reading, I felt the challenge not to sabotage success. You reminds us to see ourselves in the reality of what we envision.

27. Alejandra says:

I just finished reading this😍 you are a dreamer just like me…Yay

28. cragg.house says:

Always enjoy reading your posts. Very motivational and very accurate. Thank you

29. geminilvr says:

well said, thank you

30. Beautiful and inspiring!

31. Pingback: Turning Dreams Into Reality — Jay Colby | Lady Dyanna

32. Pingback: Starting From The Bottom: Nowhere To Go But Up | Jay Colby

33. callmetrav says:

This is very inspirational. I like the idea of creating deadlines and keeping them.

34. Only1V says:

Thank you for the reminders!

35. Very well said..I especially loved those few lines in the ending para..😊

36. Reblogged this on Inspired by Cherisha and commented:
    Remember your dreams and fight for them. You must know what you want from life. There is just one thing that makes your dream become impossible: the fear of failure.

37. jarred.greatness2017 says:

This is so true. Believe it

38. Debbie says:

Great post! I needed this. 🙂

39. I absolutely love this. I think in our world, we are pressured to be successful instantly, and if we aren’t, we are incapable. It gets hard to follow dreams when we are pulled in directions that tell us we are being irrational or not capable. I think you are a terrific writer and am glad you followed your passion. One thing I always tell people is, “if you died tonorrow, would you have any regrets?” Most people would say yes. Either not doing what they love, working too much, or being too scared to put themselves out there. We only have one life so you might as well do what you can so at the end you can say you lived how you wanted to.

40. Love the captions – ‘No excuses!’ and ‘Process over outcome’ …5 words to take with every choice we make …great post!

41. Oh I have a dream of writing a book on poems or a short story too and making a difference in people’s lives. This is my dream. Thanks Jay for your great post.👌👌👌👌👌👌👌

42. Pingback: How to Live Beyond the Ordinary | From guestwriters

43. Love this positivity that’s coursing thru my veins, right now!! Thank you for the post 👍🏻👍🏻

44. Amative Soul says:

I like to think I’m a pretty positive and fearless person but it’s so easy to get caught up in our thoughts… I really needed to read this today. Thank you!

45. A very helpful post, very interesting and well thought out. Thank you Jay.

46. NEEDED THIS!!!! Thank you 🙂

47. I dreamed to become a Physicist which require another years of grad schools and at the same time a Motivational speaker. Haha