- Fear of failed relationships: It’s becoming common to see the people around us getting in bad relationships. It’s practically impossible to trust someone these days. We’ve all heard stories from our friends, family and colleagues being related to some sort of cheating scandal. As a result, some have major trust issues, while others might feel burdened with insecurity from their partner.
- Having high standards:As we grow older, we add more things to our list of what we look for. We understand what we want in personality qualities, physical attraction, values, interests, etc. This makes finding a partner tricky because each person has a certain score for his or herself to determine his or her own worth.
- Unknown definition of love: For some people, love is a feeling of being in the moment much more than just being loved. For others, love requires a lot of personal growth. I expound on this topic more in one of my previous post “How Do People Express Love?”.
- Self-centered: Every individual in the world is self-centered to a certain extent; we all think about our needs and ourselves first and foremost. Whether this is good or bad doesn’t really matter; the world is the way it is. It’s part of human nature.
- Priorities:It’s hard falling in love due to societal factors. Adulthood tends to be delayed, and now there are more people going to college and grad school and moving back in with their parents.Starting a relationship requires time, effort and money. While some people would rather focus on school, others would like to be financially stable before committing to a long-term relationship.
Copyright ©2016 Jay Colby All Rights Reserved.