If you’re thinking of launching a startup or small business you likely don’t have the budget to draw prospects to your site with expensive digital ads. The main problem when you are starting a business is, no one knows about it. So how do you get the word out online, without having to spend thousands of dollars on advertising or PR, or buying Facebook or Twitter followers? There are over a million tips all over the internet on how to move up the rungs of Google’s, Yahoo and other search engines. When establishing your business an online presence is a must, but there are so many places to list your company that it can be confusing to know where to start. Here are some strategies you can use to get your business noticed online.
- Content Marketing Is the New SEO: When crafting your message you need clarity, conciseness and connection. All good stories are simple at their core. Think short sentences, and think of your audience and your unique connection to them before writing content.
- Use social media to do more than just sell your product or service: Nowadays days, most companies are engaging with customers on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social channels. But that doesn’t mean they’re doing it right.
- Create fresh, shareable content:The most cost effective way to boost your organic traffic is to be consistent with your content. Also keep in mind not to fail in to the creating content just for search engines in my experience by creating original and valuable content your traffic will increase noticeably.
- Measure it: Social media marketing is not an exact science so monitor what you do and learn from failure as well as success. Use free services such as Google Analytics to measure impact on website traffic.
- Blogger Relations: The new world of media relations, you are essentially selling content. If the content is not quality or not relevant information it will make it less likely for people to share and read your content. Also try to connect with as many people as you can that are similar content on their website so you can build up your connections.
Copyright ©2016 Jay Colby All Rights Reserved.