No Time Like The Present

Often times we get bogged down in life with all the pressures of paying bills, stress at our jobs or just life obstacles. We forget to enjoy and embrace the present time and the current stage we’re currently in. During this past holiday season, I’ve heard people say things like “Why am I not happy what am I doing wrong?” In an age of abundance, this question still resonates today for many of us aren’t happy for various of reasons. Maybe we don’t like our current job or career path regardless of what it may be we all have the ability to do anything we put our minds to.

Time is of the Essence

No matter what stage we are in our life there is one thing that always stands true for any situation we cannot go back in time, nor can we take time from our future. A wise man once told me that we have two options in life one to achieve anything we want in life if we put our mind to it, and two we’re all going to die one day so we have to take advantage of the days we have on this earth. There is no time like the present to follow your dreams, start a business, try a new workout routine, travel the world, spend time with your love ones. The possibilities are endless when we focus on the present and let the past mistakes, mishaps or failures go.

Positive Energy

As humans, we have the tendency to look at what we don’t have or what we’re not good at. Instead of focusing our energy towards what we can do well and all the blessings that have been given to us. Many times, we tend to dwell on things we cannot change or are not willing to do the necessary steps to change. This usually causes us to think that we’re not good enough, because we fill our minds with negative thoughts that can interfere with our predestined success. Adopting the mindset of the cup half full instead of half empty can determine whether or not we will ever reach our goals.

Final Thoughts

In the end, there is no time like the present embrace the current stage in your life. Stop worrying about all the things you did or didn’t do in the past. Stop worrying about all the things you need to accomplish enjoy this moment. Enjoy the people in your life that make you smile and bring you joy!

“Learn, embrace and love your past but don’t dwell on things you cannot change. Learn to live in the present and love every moment of it”

Copyright ©2017 Jay Colby All Rights Reserved.

This entry was posted in Goals, Life, Lifestyle and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to No Time Like The Present

1. Pingback: No Time Like The Present | Lady Dyanna

When thing I’ve learned in life is that there never really is a “perfect” time to go for it. And we’re never quite prepared, no matter what it is. We just have to say the heck with it, I’m doing it anyway, throw me to the wolves and I’ll figure it out.

3. Great positive motivation Jay.

4. Great read, Jay. My husband always says, “I have no yesterdays. Time took them away. I have only today and tomorrows.” I always say, “Don’t look back unless you loved the view.” I agree with your motivation to “embrace the current stage in your life.” As we get older, there is an end, and that makes embracing where we are and keeping our cup half full so important. Thank you for a great article.

5. Great post! I can definitely relate to this.

6. A lot more people would be happy if they were content. A lot of our sadness and unhappiness comes from not being content with what we currently have or where we currently are in life.
    Contentment changes a lot. Social media makes it hard for some to be content because everything looks perfect . Marriages look perfect, finances look perfect, body’s look perfect, everything is perfect online. We get caught up comparing without even realizing it.
    Life is full of surprises . Just gotta roll with it 😎

7. Pingback: 5 Myths About Success | Jay Colby

8. Why am I not happy? …a great question to ask …and then probably good to move on to …What is it that makes me happy?
    A great thought provoking post!

9. Jay says:

This is a great post and I am truly working on this through the year. I also try to share this insights with others so we can be on the same page. It’s really about letting go.

10. I love this outlook. I also think that people tend to think that they should be happy all the time. While that would be nice, it isn’t always realistic. Enjoy the happy times, embrace now, but realize that occasionally being unhappy doesn’t make you a failure, it makes you human. Thank for the post!

11. Jay, you have no idea how much I needed this today. I made a post about cleansing the negative thoughts. I have often wondered why I wasn’t happy and why things were not going my way. This mindset has me feeling like I will be okay after all. Right now i’m just going to focus on what is important currently.

12. Pingback: No Time Like The Present – so true | Lessons To Date

13. Anindo says:

Nice one Jay…..yeah its true that this is the present we should concentrate on….and make the future strong…

14. Great article, a lot of truth in what you say. Thanks for sharing. I am a great believer in living for the moment. We do need to think of the past and look to the future. But the present moment it what really counts.

15. Sparkyjen says:

NLP’s Time Line Therapy might help some folks, especially if they want to see just where they stand in time. Does it run through them or right out in front of them? I won’t say too much here about it, because I think looking it up online would be more useful. Once a person discovers where they are in time, they may also want to imagine floating up above their Time Line to see themselves just on their present path, and how they can even modify some of the tough areas they are stuck continuously looking back or too forward at.

16. People need to accept that even though things are going bad that they did the best they knew how to do. As long as you’re able to recognize the lesson learned, then things will get better. Remember to slow down and breathe.

17. Run Wright says:

I agree wholeheartedly. The past exists so we can sift through memories and smile – either because things were good then or because they were bad and we are happy to no longer be in that moment. Remember the past but enjoy the present.

18. newmoonplan says:

Wonderful post, I really enjoyed reading it! It’s funny how deeply rooted this kind of behavior is: we constantly shift our focus away from now either dwelling on things from the past or thinking about the future. It’s not bad to do so, it’s good to have plans and goals, it’s good to dream and stuff but – you’re right, we need to gift the present some of our time, too. Life happens now! What do you do to shift your focus back once you notice that you’re drifting off?

19. Thank you, Jay! Great post. 🙂 Lovely to meet you.
    Blessings,
    Debbie
    ps – Lao Tzu has some wonderful quotes on being in the now.

20. For the first time this is exactly what I am trying to do. It actually lends energy to the future.

21. Great post as always..

22. Nice Post ❤ ❤ ❤

23. JGomez says:

Very empowering post…It’s hard to sometimes keep positive when things around you can be hard, ugly and negative but you have to have the will power to keep pushing and striving for better. Very well written.

24. FeetSeñor says:

I couldn’t agree more. 🙂 Nice read before bedtime.

25. Very well written 👍🏻

26. This is so true! I find people are always thinking that they’ll achieve their dreams, or suddenly become happy, “in the future” without realizing that they can work to make those things happen in the present. If we are always waiting and waiting for the future, and not living in the present, then we’re essentially wasting our time!

27. abhiray59 says:

True. If we can manage present moment, we can manage future moment. Future flows in from present.

28. Agreed. Being present is vital. Thanks so much for sharing.