Throughout life we are taught to be “happy” regardless of how we really and without the proper tools to attain true happiness without faking it. It’s human nature that we will not always be happy, as human beings we have varying degrees of emotions. Often times being forced to be happy happens when we are put I situations that don’t truly make us happy. However, we do have the right to feel happiness to improve our mental, physical and emotional health. Here are five ways to find happiness without chasing it.
- Be Thankful – Being thankful for the positive things that are happening in our life on a daily basis is vital for our overall happiness. When we exude an attitude of gratitude we start the process of creating positive energy.
- Look Within – To find true happiness it comes from within, no one person or thing can bring us true happiness. Like a wise man once told me “there is no path to happiness… happiness is the path.”
- Be a Positive Light – Being a positive outlet to the world not only help us, but everybody we come in contact with. We can do this by being polite to the cashier at a local fast-food restaurant or offering to volunteering at the YMCA. Shinning a positive light in a sometimes-negative driven world can make all the difference in our happiness.
- Let Go of the Past – Holding onto pain from the past can cause us to develop a negative mindset. Letting go of the past can be difficult, but is often necessary for our own personal happiness.
- Never Stop Learning – Our mind is similar to a book its only beneficial when its open. Therefore, if we have closed our mind to learning we have limited the possibilities that we will be open to new ideas. Which can lead to new opportunities that we might have never been exposed to if weren’t open to learning.
What brings happiness into your life? Comment below & if you enjoyed this post please share!
Stay Connected with Jay Colby
Facebook Page: Jay Colby
Instagram: Jay Colby
Twitter: The Jay Colby Show
Copyright ©2017 Jay Colby All Rights Reserved.