Whatever your dreams or aspirations are whether business, home, family, or self-improvement. There always seems to be someone in the way with an opinion on what you’re trying to achieve. I can personally relate because throughout my path in life I have ran across a number of people who either doubted my dreams and aspirations or simply just didn’t believe in them. It is not really surprising that people may even be close to you squash your dreams on a regular basis. You may not have recognized that dream killers are always around with negative vibes, thoughts, cynical words and opinions. After you encounter with “dream killers” you may look in the mirror, asking yourself can you really achieve your dreams or are you making a mistake. Then your mind might begin to be filled with all types of self-doubt and fear. Though sometimes unintentional and often unaware, many times dream killers have no idea the effect they may have on you. So today I would like to share five ways to overcome dream killers and doubters.
- Build a strong support system: Although, everyone is not going to support you. Make it a priority to surround yourself with people that believe in you and will be honest with you.
- Don’t Listen:This is a very simple concept just don’t listen when people are negative or try to persuade you not to follow your dreams.
- Believe in yourself:Having a strong belief in yourself will help you a lot when a dream killers comes (they will come). You won’t be bothered because you know that you will achieve your goals.
- Focus on your vision:Instead of letting other people opinions create negative thoughts in your mind. Stay focus on your vision by starting to accept that we all fail sometimes. Success is inevitable if you keep learning, growing, and believing in yourself.
- Don’t tell everyone your dreams:This is vital because you can avoid some doubters by simply not telling them your dreams. This easy said than done because sometimes you never know who is a dream killer until you tell them your dream.
Everyone has had a dream at one point in their lives. Do you remember yours? Share it below and comment how you overcame dream killers and doubters in your life.
Copyright ©2016 Jay Colby All Rights Reserved